Sunday, April 6, 2008

Savannah's 5th Birthday party

Savannah got a "Savannah" doll house (which she was not expecting) from Nana, Papa, Grandma, Grandpa, Mom, Dad, Krystal and Dan. She was so excited! Her and Holly have played in it a lot. We just need to get more dolls for them to play with now. =)


Savannah invited 11 girls to her party. We had 8 show up, which was great! Doug watched Holly while I ran the party...by myself. I was a little worried that 9 girls would be too much for me to handle on my own but they were all so well behaved. The party went smoothly and they all had so much fun. Especially the birthday girl!

When Savannah asked for a "Pink Poodle Party" she insisted that she needed a poodle skirt as well. So, I bought a pattern and put in an elastic wasteband instead of the zipper so it would fit her for a few years. I also made it extra long. Here is my second attempt at a poodle cake. This one turned out better than the first because I frosted the cake pink instead of white and I outlined the poodle in brown. Fun fun fun!


3 comments:

James said...

I had a 50's poodle skirt party too when I turned 10 (I think). I love that theme. Savannah, you look super super cute. I can't believe you are 5 years old!!! Happy birthday again. We love you!

The Dobrons said...

You are such a cool mom! Great talent on the skirt AND the cake! So cute!

Martineau Family said...

Way to go mommy!