Thursday, July 9, 2009

Jeffrey's surgery

Jeffrey had hernia repair surgery on Tuesday. He was allowed to eat until 3:30am so I set my alarm to wake him up and feed him just before that for one last time before surgery. We had to leave at 5am to drive to Primary Children's Hospital in Salt Lake to check in at 6am. Luckily, Jeffrey went right back to sleep once I put him in his carseat and slept until we had to take him out of the carseat to weigh him, which was around 6:45am. His surgery was scheduled for 7:30am. I dreaded the hours before surgery when he would be hungry and not know why I wasn't feeding him. But, he did great and took his binky like a champ! I was so proud of him!


This was the first time I saw him after his surgery in first recovery. Poor little guy. The doctor said everything went great though and he did well. *Big Sigh* I was happy to hear that.
They moved him to second recovery pretty quickly since he was doing so well.
Doug was able to come back and see him in second recovery and he and little Jeffrey had a quick nap together. He did great the rest of the day and even the next day. He wants to eat a little more frequently, and be held a little more than usual, as do most kids when they don't feel good. I am happy to oblige. He's a sweet boy and we are happy to have the surgery over with. On to recovery!


2 comments:

Katie said...

So glad everything went well! What a special little guy

Martineau Family said...

Ahhhh, so sweet!LOVE HIM! See you next week!