Sunday, June 24, 2007

The sweet sound of genuine girl giggles

Holly often sits in her bumbo chair on the table while we eat dinner. She kept eyeing my food tonight hoping a spoonful would eventually come her way. When the offer never came, she opted for the next best thing...or should I say, the next closest thing.

She got as far as her big toe and soon realized it just wasn't satisfying her ravenous appetite.

Before she could knock off the remaining 4 toes, it was her turn to eat. Savannah asked if she could try feeding Holly her rice cereal. She hadn't ever tried before so I had her give it a shot. It was so cute to watch her make open mouth faces as she fed Holly each bite. I was glad to see that I'm not the only one who does it.

(It reminded me of Dash on the Incredibles who always fusses that his mom makes faces at Jack Jack when she feeds him. You can't help it. It just happens.)


Each bite Savannah gave her ended up half way down her chin and eventually onto her chest. She had rice cereal everywhere but in her mouth. Savannah thought that was so funny that she started laughing with each bite that came back out. Once Savannah started laughing, Holly couldn't help but giggle too.


After a few spoonfulls, they had each other giggling with sheer delight. Holly would start to laugh as soon as the spoon came to her mouth, then she would take a bite, barely swallow and begin giggling again. I was so afraid she was going to inhale her food and choke. She was laughing so hard that she kept snorting, which made her laugh even harder.
Ahh, truly her mother's daughter. *smile*













2 comments:

The Dobrons said...

Oh geez I cracked up so hard reading that. I can't believe you captured the moments so perfectly on camera....I love the open mouth while feeding...why does that happen!? And the giggling...I wish I could have heard it-I will soon!!!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful picture, not many moms capture such a special moment like that! Just a friend of a friend of a friend passing by your blog~