Friday, December 14, 2007

It was all her idea...promise!

I told Savannah I was going to get my hair cut on Tuesday and from that moment, she started begging to get hers cut too. Actually, the begging started about 6 months ago when her friend got her hair cut in a bob. She thought it was really cute and wanted her hair like that too. Doug and I tried to avoid the subject because we loved her long hair. Well, the day came for my hair cut and she was sick and she ended up not going to school that day. So she came with me to get MY hair cut.
And, hers too!
I made sure to explain how it takes a LONG time for hair to grow and that her hair would not be long enough for braids, buns or ponytails once it was cut. She was fine with that. She said, "I don't like braids. They hurt my head when I sleep." I know she loves her hair in braids, she just really wanted her hair cut. =)
I was a little worried when we took her into the bathroom to look at her short hair for the first time. To my relief, she LOVED it! She told me the next day that while I was downstairs, she was standing in front of the mirror in her bathroom looking at her hair and saying, "I love my hair, I love my hair." Whew!

4 comments:

Connor said...

It looks great!

James said...

So cute! I love it Savannah.

Leslee said...

I found you! I loved her long hair, but her haircut is really cute, too. You can't really go wrong with pretty, thick hair!

Charlotte said...

Love her beautiful hair (long and short!!). What a cutie pie:) Do we get to see a pic of YOUR haircut, Kacy??