Monday, March 17, 2008

I'm grateful for...

- my almost 5 year old who is the best playmate for her 14 month old sister and makes her smile

- my 14 month old who insisted today on giving me snotty nose slobbery kisses all over my face

- my husband who is a very dedicated and loyal employee (and father) (who spent another 10 hour day at the office and is now home, but STILL working...almost 9pm) so that I can stay home with the children.

- Monday Mom Movies where I can take both my kids for FREE (Mom's are $5 and kids 5 and under are free) and not worry about bothering someone with a crying child. (We saw "Horton Hears a Who" today. Cute.)

- New neighbors...a family of about 8 adopted kids...all different backgrounds...who welcomed my green tinted shamrock rice crispy treats with wide eyes and ear to ear smiles.

- The sound of silence once both kids are asleep in their beds.

- The hot tub (on the deck my husband labored for 4 months to build) of which I'm about to retreat to after a very long day of wiping noses and calming fussy sickypoo kids.

- my bed and the softest most welcoming set of sheets I've ever slept in...maybe I'll skip the hot tub and just go to bed.

- sleep (goodnight)

No comments: