Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Poor Sick Baby

Our poor little Holly has been sick...last week with pink eye, and now a yucky ear infection. She had a horrible night last night and was up whimpering on and off from 2:30am-6:30am. I checked her at 4:30am and she was burning up and had pee all over her clothes from drinking nearly 15 ounces of fluids before bed. Bless her heart. So, I changed her and gave her lots of drugs. I rocked her to sleep but it took a while and then she woke up about 5 minutes later so I just put her in her crib and let her cry back to sleep. She only slept like 10-15 minute intervals for the next 2 hours, which meant that Doug and I didn't get much sleep those two hours either. But at least we felt good. =}Her eye was swollen shut when she woke up the second day of her pink eye. I managed to get it unstuck after a few minutes but it stayed pretty swollen till later that day.
Here's yesterday...fever and ear infection = not happy. =(
I've had a hard time getting Holly to eat while she's been sick. In one sitting, I tried string cheese, puffs, baby cereal (which she usually scarfs down), peanut butter (usually her favorite), fruit...nothing really interested her beyond 2 bites. So, I gave up. A few minutes later, I opened up the remains of my Valentine's Day chocolate to have a piece and immediate Holly started whining and signing "want". Of course, she's my daughter!
Besides, chocolate makes everything better! =)
She ate almost an entire caramel patty. Hey, it made her happy and that's all I cared about!

3 comments:

Jody said...

Oh my goodness! That top picture is the saddest thing I've ever seen! Poor girl! Hang in there and let me know if you need anything. (like a nap!)

The Dobrons said...

So sad!!! I love that the chocolate made her happy--me too!

Carli said...

Poor little Holly! I hope she is on the mend!