Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day to Me!

Happy Mother's Day!

I got a call this morning on the hospital room phone from the nurse asking me if I wanted to hold my son. I said, "YES!" I jumped out of bed and hurried down to the NICU. I was so happy to finally hold him again. It was the best Mother's Day gift ever! I just sat there holding him and staring at him for over an hour. The nurses kept asking me if I needed anything and I just shook my head and smiled. I had all I needed right there in my arms. =)
The pediatrician said he was ready to start nursing so we'll be tackling that in the next little bit. Meanwhile, I've been pumping (YOUCH!) to help my milk come in on time. Wish us luck!

Family Visitors

I called the family and told them to come visit since Jeffrey was looking more "normal" now without all that stuff on his head. I wasn't sure how Holly would react to her new baby brother when she saw him. She was so stinkin' cute! She instantly wanted to hold him and kept putting her arms out. SO CUTE!

Savannah was surprisingly more timid than her little sister. When I asked her if she wanted to hold Jeffrey, she shook her head and said, "He's too heavy for me!" She commented on his dark hair and how small he was. Nana, of course, was in awe at her new grandson and so happy to be able to hold him.

We are so happy that he is off the oxygen. Now if he can get the nursing thing down, we are hopeful he'll be coming home soon!
Thank you for all the prayers in our behalf. We know they help so much!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

He is such a beautiful baby! Kacy you are amazing! I am glad he is doing well and we pray he can come home soon!

James said...

He is so beautiful! That must have been the best Mother's Day gift EVER! Are you home with him now? Glad he is doing so much better. We are praying for baby Jeffrey. By the way, I love the name.

Leslie said...

Whoa, Kacy! I'm jealous! You got to meet your new one already! :) How cute - I'm glad everything is going well - hope he continues to improve so you can bring him home soon!

Martineau Family said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhh, baby Jeffrey! I loove you! - Jen

AMiller said...

Thanks for letting me hold him - he is sooo cute.