Tuesday, October 23, 2007

San Diego Fire Update

As many of you know, San Diego is on fire. My parents were evacuated Monday morning at about 4:30am and went to my Aunt Merrilee's in Poway for the day. They had about 5 minutes to grab stuff which ended up being their hard drive, laptop and two family portraits on the wall. The fires burned all over Rancho Bernardo. Last night we found out that the two homes directly across the street from my parents house were completely burned down. My dad tried to drive to our house to check on it, but the roads were all blocked and the police would not check for him. So, it was a long night of prayers and hope that is was okay. This morning I got a call from my sister saying her friend had snuck in during the late night and saw our home...still standing! I just received another confirmation from my mom that they talked to some people who took pictures of the burned house/lot across from ours and said our home was okay. We are SO relieved that it survived the inferno. We just hope it doesn't spark up again in their area. Here is a link my brother sent me to show you just how many homes around my parents burned just yesterday. < http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&time=&date=&ttype=&ie=UTF8&msa=0&ll=33.04281,-117.077866&spn=0.024714,0.040555&z=15&om=1&msid=112544462747410301023.00043d20082275ecf00c2

This is a picture of our home...still standing!!! Hooray!

This is a picture of a home just off the freeway that burned.


There are still many fires and many homes burning as we speak. All prayers are appreciated in the victims behalf. My sister lives 5 miles north of the Rainbow Canyon fire near Temecula, my brother's in-laws have been evacuated from their home just north of Rancho Santa Fe which is currently burning, and my aunt Merrilee could be evacuated from her Poway home today as well. So, it's not over, but we are hopeful that all of our families homes will remain untouched as the fires make their way to the coast. We know your prayers worked for us! Thank you for all your calls, concerns and good wishes. We feel so touched by the love and support we have received in these last 2 days. Keep those prayers comin'!

1 comment:

Connor said...

I'm posting information/updates as I get them here:

http://www.connorboyack.com/blog/san-diego-is-on-fire

Hopefully this nightmare will soon end......