Sunday, January 27, 2008

We Thank Thee, O God, for a Prophet!

President Hinckley passed away tonight. I was talking to my family on a conference call around 8pm and saw the text message on my phone that he had passed. I was shocked! However, I felt that just 2 days ago I had my moment of personal goodbyes with him as I sat studying this picture and expressing my love for President Hinckley and my testimony of him in my journal. It was as if the Lord was preparing me for today. I am so happy for him as I know he was waiting for this day to come when he could be reunited with his sweet wife and "girl of his dreams" as he said in her passing almost 2 years ago. What a marvelous legacy he has left for us and his posterity. As my last journal entry from two days ago states, "I KNOW President Hinckley is (was) a true prophet of God. I know it!" I'm so grateful for his wonderful example of pure love, dedication and honor to his God and his family. I hope to always remember the advice his father gave him, "Forget yourself and go to work." Though the world is in mourning, I know there is much rejoicing in Heaven! President Gordon B. Hinckley will always hold a very special place in my heart.

No comments: