Thursday, November 29, 2007

IT'S FINISHED!

It's tradition in my family to make each child a Bucilla stocking (at least that's what my mom did for us so my sister and I are carrying on the tradition). Of course, my mom kept ours when we moved out because she wanted them for her mantle at Christmas time.
Okay, fine!
Anyway, I finished Savannah's stocking before her first Christmas and I was so proud of myself for getting it done (unlike the cross stitch I've been working on for 5 years...=}) but since Holly was 4 days old for her first Christmas, I figured I could wait a year to make hers. I bought it about 3 weeks ago, but just opened it this past Monday and started on it. It probably took me 6 or 7 hours, but I finally finished it about 10 minutes ago! I'm so excited that it is done! I stayed up pretty late last night working on it, and tonight too (now that it's 11:52pm Ugh.). Holly was such an angel today while I worked on it. She ate cheerios and bananas in her high chair for a half hour, and then crawled around on the floor going from the family room to the kitchen and livingroom, just exploring for an HOUR AND A HALF! Not kidding. She didn't fuss at all until she got hungry. I looked at the clock and saw that I had been sitting at the kitchen table for 2 1/2 hours. I was so amazed and STOKED! I got so much done on her stocking. Anyway, here is the finished product! It's poinsettias and "holly", of course! This stocking pattern wasn't too labor intensive since it didn't have a TON of sequins to put on, and I didn't have to stuff any of the parts with batting. That can take more time. I just hope Holly likes it when she is older. It's kind of a more sophisticated stocking instead of a little kid pattern. But, I think it turned out pretty nice, if I do say so myself. =)

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Hi Kacy, it's "Michie." I love the stocking! I want to learn how to do something like that. I've been having a terrible time commiting to a stocking for my son.
Your girls are gorgeous!! Love all the pictures!