Sunday, November 25, 2007

"Surprise" visit from Jen

Well, it was supposed to be a surprise, but when Jen got here and realized that I was NOT here, it kind of threw a wrench in her plans to show up on my doorstep. I got a message on my phone from her when I was in NC saying, "What are you doing in the woods, I'm at your house!" I was so bummed. Luckily, we flew in Friday afternoon and they were scheduled to leave Saturday morning so I told her she was out of the dog house as long as she came to see me before she left. So, that Friday night, she came by for a quick visit. It was SO great to see her. When she was here she said, "I'm home!" I wish. I miss my Jen. :-(
She often calls me from Arizona to tell me she needs a "Kacy's chocolate chip cookie fix". So, I knew I couldn't send her home without them. When she arrived, I had whipped up nearly an entire batch of my chocolate chip cookies for her to take home. She said she was going to stick them in her freezer and take one out any time she needed her fix and she wasn't going to share them. =)
We were comparing heights here. Look how tall Sam is! He isn't quite 6 months old but his height would make you think otherwise. Holly is twice his age. He is a growing boy...following after his Daddy who is 6'5", or something close to that. I think he looks a lot like his daddy too. He's such a happy boy and loves to smile for the camera! The mommy in the middle is Jen's sister Sarah and her 2 week old baby Savannah. What a beautiful baby girl! Say cheese! =) Brooklyn had to get her Holly fix too. Then, she changed baby Savannah's diaper like a good cousin. *wink* I need Brooklyn to live close to me!!!
Of course we had to get a picture of Savannah holding Savannah. ;-)

1 comment:

The Dobrons said...

YAY! I'm glad you could see Jen--Now I can't wait to see you!