Sunday, November 25, 2007

North Carolina Trip

We went to North Carolina for Thanksgiving to visit Charlotte's side of the family. Savannah and Holly were FANTASTIC travelers and hardly cried/complained at all. Even with our split flight and long layovers! We all managed to stay healthy throughout the entire trip (which was my biggest "worry"...having sick kids on the flight). We had a great time and have never seen such amazing/beautiful colors! Just breathtaking. I've posted quite a few pictures (just be glad I picked the best of the 177 I took)! =)

It was tight quarters on the plane so when Nana got up to stretch her legs, Holly immediately stole her seat. She felt like such a big girl in a seat of her own next to Papa.
Papa orders a complimentary drink and Holly tugs at his sleeve, "Hey Papa, I want a drink too!"

"I got me a seat!"
Blowing kisses
Holly: "I'm flyin'!" Holly did great on the flights. She cried a little on the first leg of our flight as we decended but I think she was just tired. Other than that, she was happy! Savannah colored the entire 2 1/2 hours on the plane. WOW!
Killing time in the airport...4 hour layover. Ugh. We arrived in Charlotte, NC at around 11pm. We got to our hotel at midnight (we drove around for nearly 45 minutes trying to find it because the hotel people were numnuts and gave awful directions). We got to bed about 1am. It was a very long day of traveling.
This is a squirrel that I caught in a dead run across the street. I thought it was funny so I had to include it. =)
We stayed at Charlotte's neices house in Raleigh for the first 2 days. The drive from the hotel in Charlotte to Raleigh was absolutely stunning! The colors of the trees were so incredibly breathtaking that I couldn't stop saying "Look at that!" Unfortunately, I only took video of the trees and didn't get any still shots. But, you'll see a little bit of the color in the next several pictures.
We found a Ward meeting at 1:30pm at the church just 3 minutes up the road from where we were staying. Doug and I had attended that Ward 7 years ago when we came. After church, I took lots of pictures of the girls and the family outside (the family picture will be on our Christmas card so I didn't include it). Savannah LOVED picking up pretty colored leaves and making bouquets out of them.


"I got a leaf!"
These doggie statues were Holly's favorite thing at Barbara's (Charlotte's Neice). She could not stay away from them.
More playing in the leaves. This is now in Morganton, NC behind Uncle Kenneth's house.
Savannah made piles of leaves and picked them up and threw them above her head about a million times.





Daddy's girls
The house in the background is Charlotte's sister Jean's house. Jean and James built this house nearly 50 years ago!

Monkey in the tree!
Nana and Mommy holding monkeys in the trees
Making "leaf" angels with cousin Kaylee. Kaylee is Doug's brother Dean's daughter.
"Unkie Dough" with Kara
Holly with Uncle Dean

Cute Cousins
Cute cousins...again
Doug and his brothers Dean and Shane
Brotherly Love
Mollers and Redwines
(check out all those beautiful girls!)
Happy Thanksgiving!






1 comment:

James said...

Doug, SO cool to see you with your brothers. They look like they're pretty close to you in age! Hope it was a fun trip. -James