Saturday, February 9, 2008

Depression and Addiction (don't worry, it's not what you think)

I've been in a slight depression over Romney's campaign suspension...and the 4 feet of snow surrounding my driveway/house. However, the sun beamed bright yesterday and shined through my windows as a peace offering to lift me up and help keep me going. And, to help with my depression, I have a new addiction that was so rudely introduced to me by my sister-in-law's sister, Missy. Mint Milk Chocolate covered Oreos.I had to look at three different stores before I found them. It only took one bite to know...this was the new favorite. As if I need another chocolate indulgence added to my already overkill intake per day (Kit kat, twix...take a seat!) They are sinfully delicious. Dare I say, better than Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookies! I did a taste test yesterday and I honestly think they are better. There is just more to them. AND, the oreos are around ALL YEAR, whereas Thin Mints only come around once a year and then I'm forced to rade my freezer should the craving arrise outside the months of March and April. The one bummer (which actually may be a good thing, having little control these days for resisting my sweet tooth), there are only 12 cookies in a box! HOW RUDE! No, it's probably a good thing, though, I've tried to think of an excuse all morning to go to Smith's while they are on sale 2 for $4 since I only bought one box the other day to "try". (What was I thinking!?!) Needless to say, I'm feeling a bit better. I've the sunshine and my oreos. I'm good. =)

Thanks for the introduction, Missy. If I die from Mint Milk Chocolate Covered Oreo overdose...I bequeath the rest of my boxes (soon to be purchased and hidden in my closet) to you!

(Sorry Lara, I know you are a chocolate lover, but not a fan of mint, so you're outa luck on this one!) =)

5 comments:

Jody said...

Mmmmm... sounds too good to be true. Maybe they're laced with prozac? Hehehe....

Moreau's said...

Where did you find those? They look delish! Oh wait, don't tell me! I have no will power right now!!!

Moreau's said...

p.s. I am so happy that you and your little gals love the shake! You can add carrot juice too, if you want more veggies! I sometimes add yogurt too. That makes it extra good!

The Dobrons said...

Oh man I better stay away!

April said...

Oh, I love these! Have you tried the white chocolate covered ones? They are SO good! - April