Friday, February 15, 2008

Life's like a box of chocolates...

...ya never know what yer gonna get.
Well, Doug is not all that big on Hallmark holidays...aka Valentine's Day. But, he did manage to bring me a box of chocolates from See's candy...a very personalized box of chocolates. See, I love See's chocolate and about 5 months ago one opened about 10 minutes up the freeway. I was SO excited. The only other See's near us was all the way in Orem at the mall that I almost never go to. So, yes, I was excited. ANYWAY, the first time I went to the new See's, I filled out one of their "You pick what goes in the box" forms that has every piece of chocolate they make on it (with pictures of each). Doug managed to find that form on the side of the fridge, make a copy, and bring it to See's last night. When he gave me the box, all wrapped in red valentine paper, he also handed me a small See's bag with more chocolates in it. I asked, "What's the extra bag for?" and he replied, "they couldn't fit all the pieces you chose on the form in one box!" HA! Doug said, "You know how much I hate Valentine's Day and I don't ever want anything for Valentine's Day, but I had to get you something so that when your girlfriends call and say, 'So what did your hubby give you for Valentine's Day,' you can say, 'I got a SWEET box of See's chocolates!'"

Here are some pictures of Holly trying to raid my box of chocolates. She didn't get very far before finally giving up. (Lucky for me!)




She finally gave up on my box and tried raid Nana's can of Almond Royal. A girl after my own heart. =)
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

2 comments:

Carli said...

Yummy! What a sweetie you married. :)

Shannon and Andrew said...

That is awesome. I love Sees candy also.